BC’s Registered Massage Therapists:
- have the highest training standards in North America
- have mandatory continuing education and upgrading
- are linking research to practice, including providing evidence-based patient education and remedial exercise
- have a specialized program at an accredited college
- have completed the BC registration exams set by the College of Massage Therapists of BC (CMTBC) and must continue with post-graduate studies to maintain registration
- honour a strict code of ethics set by the CMTBC, which ensures that patients receive safe, competent, and ethical care
- are covered under most insurance plans
In British Columbia, over 75 percent of medical physicians regularly refer their patients to a Registered Massage Therapist (RMT) – and they make
these referrals because massage therapy is both accessible and effective in the treatment of their patients’ conditions. Today, RMTs use a blend of modern science and ancient philosophies, utilizing specific techniques and modalities.
RMTs work with illness, injury and disability in diverse and broad patient populations. They are primary health care professionals that focus on disorders of the muscoloskeletal and related systems.Over the past decade, there has been a significant rise in the demand for massage therapy in BC. This can be attributed to higher educational standards, research studies showing the efficacy of massage therapy, and an overall increase in public demand for non-surgical and drug-free treatment options.
Your Massage Therapist
Your first session with one of our massage therapists will give you the opportunity to communicate your physical goals. Each visit will be customized depending on your situation, health status, training schedule, and massage preferences. Our RMTs are very capable of moderating tension, skilled at deep tissue work, but capable of a gentle therapeutic touch when necessary as well. They are capable of a variety of massage techniques, including sports massage, pregnancy massage, deep tissue, relaxation, and hot stone massage.
Learn more about our RMTs: